Sunday, June 11, 2017

A Walk Around Town

My pictures today are dark and funny looking. I did this on purpose. The darkness is because it was very early in the morning. Some of the strangeness though was because I used an odd filter on my phone called Toy.

Years ago there was a blog I used to visit where the person's pictures had an odd effect where everything looked like toylike models, even though the scenes were from real life. I always thought that was really cool. I hoped this filter could do something like this, but I'm not sure it works like that.

Anyway, I thought I'd show you what it looks like in a small country town around here. I'm not sure what impression of the town you might get from these pictures, but let me know what you really think.

You can't see my house in any of these pictures because while I am technically in town, my property is kind of apart from the rest of the town. I'm on kind of a farm at the edge of town. My dad even used to keep cows here.

I still mostly only have the knowledge of a city slicker, so no farm animals for me. But you never know. I could still go the Oliver Wendell Douglas route and go full on Green Acres. After all, it's the place to be.

I'm showing a little of the town because most of the nature around here is on my own property. I promised walks through the town, but I'm not finding a lot of nature in that part of my walks, except for the bugs. Sometimes I have to run home to get away from flying insects.

Many small towns only have dirt roads. That is not the case here. All of the roads here are paved. That means we're so sophisticated. We don't have a store in town, but we have a small gas station where you can buy a few things, but not much. And there is a bar where people come from miles around to visit. Otherwise, there isn't much.

These pictures are maybe the closest I'll get to just sharing a picture of myself. Though I have a cartoon version of me that I've been itching to share somewhere. Actually, there is an obvious picture of me on one of my websites that nobody ever seems to notice. Uh oh, I've said too much, so I'll talk to you later.


5 comments:

  1. That IS a small town! We live in the second biggest city in the U.S., so it's really like a different world to me and my human. And that's sort of what the filter to the photo implies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take small town living over city life any time

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are dark but you can discern the size of the town. I love small town life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that last photo gives the look of a "toy" town...like the train village under our Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete